QHM – Quality Horse Meal
A high quality complete horse feed formulated as a safe feed for all classes of horses. Loose muesli mix.
Chick Pea, Mung Bean, Barley, Lucerne, Cereal Grains, Copra meal, Protein Meal, Canola Oil, Limestone, DCP, Bntn, Magnesium Oxide, Salt, High Spec Vitamins and Minerals. (nutritional Analysis table at bottom of page)
- Quality cost effective feeding ration.
- QHM is a high-energy supplement based on a high fat content with low starch and low sugar levels making it a very safe feed for most horses.
- Low sugar level of 3.1% & low starch level of 13%.
- A 3:1 Calcium to phosphorus ratio will benefit horses grazing tropical pastures that predispose them to getting big head.
- QHM is fortified with a high level of vitamins and trace minerals which are associated with maintaining good health and fertility.
- The protein level of 14.9% is a level that will help build muscle.
Recommended feeding Levels
2 to 4kg per head/day with an average of 3kg/day – (“General average only” for 400-600kg horse) Please refer to the reverse of our feed bag for a guide on feeding levels. The information provided on this table is for use as a guide only.
The levels of feed will always depend on the condition and work load of the horse, stage of pregnancy, lactating feeding a foal, horse size, condition and class of the horse you are feeding. Current paddock condition, quality & season change of pasture should also be taken into consideration and the individual dietary requirements of the horse. All feed fed should be suit your individual horse requirements and if in doubt seek advice from the manufacturer or your vet.