RIVERINA CHICK STARTER CRUMBLES (Medicated) are a complete feed for layer chicks.
This feed is the first stage in a three stage-feeding programme for laying hens.
- Wheat, maize, sorghum, bran and pollard, a combination of protein meals (cottonseed meal, soybean meal, canola meal, sunflower meal, blood meal, meat meal), vegetable oil, molasses, limestone, mould inhibitor, sodium bicarbonate, salt, choline chloride, amino acids, Saleco®, Riverina vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Feed from day old to six weeks of age.
- RIVERINA CHICK STARTER CRUMBLES (Medicated) are a complete feed and no supplementary feeding is necessary.
- Chicks should have unlimited access to the feed (ad lib).
Approximate feed intakes:
|Age of Birds||Approximate Feed Consumption|
|Day old to one week||5 - 10 grams / bird / day|
|2 weeks||10 - 20 grams / bird / day|
|4 weeks||25 - 30 grams / bird / day|
|6 weeks||35 - 40 grams / bird / day|
- NOTE: The above feed intakes are only indicative. Feed intakes will vary with season, variety of bird, lighting, shed conditions, disease status and other environmental conditions.
- The brooding area should be cleaned thoroughly, spread with fresh litter such as wood shavings and be in a draught free area.
- A brooder or another heat source will be needed for the first 4 weeks as the chicks are unable to maintain their body temperature until fully feathered. For the first 3 days keep the chicks confined close to the brooder then gradually increase the area around the brooder, over the next couple of weeks, until they have free access to the whole shed.
- For the first two days of feeding, it is best to spread some feed on large shallow trays or newspaper to encourage the chicks to eat. Change the feed regularly so it remains fresh and palatable.
- After this a self-feeder can be used. It is important to replace any build-up of stale feed.
- Chicks should have clean, cool, fresh water available at all times. Initially use a bell drinker or a shallow container with a brick in the middle to prevent drowning. Any wet litter near water points should be removed regularly.
|CALCIUM||%||:||1.00 - 1.50|
|SALT||%||:||0.15 - 0.40|
- A high protein & energy formulation to enable chicks to grow quickly.
- Produced as a fine crumble which eliminates separation, minimises feed wastage and improves digestibility.
- RIVERINA CHICK STARTER CRUMBLES (Medicated) contain high quality digestible ingredients for young chickens.
- Protein meals provide natural sources of essential amino acids.
- Lysine and methionine are added to balance the essential nutrient requirements.
- Contains vitamins and minerals which are essential nutrients for growth.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into poultry nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Saleco® which supplies sodium salinomycin at 60 mg/kg as an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by certain Eimeria species.
Meat – Nil.
Eggs – DO NOT USE in birds laying eggs for human consumption or within 7 days of laying where eggs or egg products are to be used for human consumption or processing.